The following activities are planned for 2010-2011:
Phase I (March- May 2010)
- Create and conduct a needs- assessment with children: Develop and conduct a needs assessment with the 200 children Music Basti programs have been implemented in i.e. Khushi Home for girls (Okhla Industrial Area, Phase 1), Kilkari Rainbow Home for girls (Kashmere Gate) and Uma Pandey Home (Shastri Nagar), of the “Dil Se” Campaign, Aman Biradari, Delhi. This assessment will form the basis of the music- program (modules, lessons and exercises), based on understanding the children’s learning needs, interests and music awareness level; as well as a foundation to understand the rights- awareness of the children.
NEEDS ASSESSMENTS Click to view the Needs Assessment Form
- Network with and collaborate with NGOs, institutions and individuals on information and best practices sharing, primarily around the areas of curriculum development, musical instruction, evaluation, human rights education, etc.
- Recruit and train a team of volunteers, trained musicians and other professionals to implement the music program and develop the same.
- Create MUSIC MODULES AND LESSON PLANS, with evaluation systems for 200 children or more.
- Development and training of Music Basti team, networking with artistes, bands and music institutions.
Music Basti workshop: Chayan Adhikari (of Advaita) teaches at Qutab Home for boys, Aman Biradari, Mehrauli, New Delhi, 30th April 2010
Photo By: Sikandar M Kumar
Phase II (June- August 2010)
Music Basti collaborates with Swarathma Action Replay, Concerts with Conscience; Kilkari Rainbow Home for girls, Kashmere Gate, Delhi, 28th April, 2010
Photo by: Shiv Ahuja
Phase III (September- October 2010)
Phase IV (November 2010- March 2011)
- 45 music education workshops and concerts- programs with 200 children, in 3 centers in Delhi with the “Dil Se” Campaign
- 20 music workshops at a new center in Delhi
- Annual Evaluation and concert- performances